Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Post Salebration Sharing


When I first say this stamp set "A Happy Thing", I didn't think I would like it or even really use it but one night I decided what the heck.  The card base is made from Soft Suede card stock, the image is stamped on Whisper white with Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I actually stamped the image twice. I did this because I used my blending tool and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I used  Broken China, Mustard Seed, and Spice Marmalade to color my birdie.  I colored in the beak with the Spice Marmalade Distress Marker.  I blended the colors on the bird starting with Broken China, then I blended on some Spiced Marmalade, and finished with Mustard Seed.  The "rainbow" card stock underneath is the Simply Irresistible paper that was only available until March 31, 2015.  I used the same colors on the Simply Irresistible paper that I did on my bird.  The reason I love this paper is because it is because embossed resisted without the extra steps.  Once you have added the color, take a tissue and wipe away the excess which is how you end up with the bright white polka dots.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.    I framed the image with Blackberry Bliss card stock as well as the sentiment which I punched out with the wide oval punch and trimmed it with Blackberry Bliss.  I added Basic Clear Rhinestones to the "points" of the oval.  I thought this turned out very pretty.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and stamp with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment