Saturday, January 6, 2018

Be Yourself

Hey Stampers!  Happy 2018!  I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and Happy New Year.  Welcome to my first post of 2018  and Project Bin Saturday!  Today I am featuring the Wise Women set.  I did a gate fold card using this as my inspiration. 
 You might notice that the inspiration used a belly band but I did not.  I found some magnets in my stash and used them to make a magnetic closure for my gate fold card and as you can I turn my card.  The sentiment says "Beauty begins The Moment You Decide to be Yourself" which is a quote from Coco Chanel.  I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink from Stampin' UP!  My card base is card stock from Taylored Expressions called Salt Water Taffy and the patterned paper is from their pack called Hello Happiness.  The strips of patterned paper are 2x 5 1/4.  One of my Christmas presents was a set of Nuvo Glitter Drops, I used Pink Champagne and Aquatic Mist.  I put some on the sentiment piece and then on the light pink flowers in the patterned paper I put Pink Champagne as the centers and the dark pink flowers I used the Aquatic Mist in the center.  I put a strip of Salt Water Taffy over the magnet that I placed on the bottom flap to disguise it.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere my sentiment piece being careful to place dimensionals only on the top half of the piece.  I haven't added a sentiment to the inside yet because I couldn't decide plus if I just want to write a message I can.

I hope you liked today's card.  Please stay tuned as we have some exciting new stamps coming from the Project Bin.  Also check out my new badge for the Project Bin design team.  I really love this team and the stamps are phenomenal. Also starting January 31st, The Project Bin is going to be one of the sponsors for the Word Art Wednesday challenge, as we get closer I will remind  you so you can participate if you would like but for now here is their blog, if you want to check it out ,https://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/.  So that is my card for today.  Please come back again next Saturday where I will have more fun and goodies from the Project Bin. 

Come and create something with me


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment