Monday, October 1, 2018

It's Release Day for Heartcraft Paper

 Hey Stampers!  Happy Monday and welcome to release day for Heartcraft Paper!  I can't believe we are already on our fourth release for HCP, it seems like we just started together.  I know I saw this every month but you are going to love everything that Monica has for us this month.  The releases just get better and better.

For my project today I did something different, obviously this is not a card but something I have been wanting to try.  Coloring on wood.  I used Snowman Carols and piece of snowflake shaped wood from my stash. I want to give you a little background about this snowflake.  My mom was extremely talented when it came to painting either from a pattern or free hand.  She would buy patterns and then trace them onto wood either using Graphite paper or tracing paper.   When she passed away we found a ton of wood that she had bought and never got the chance to use.  I couldn't bear to just throw it away so it has been in my closet for almost four years, I tell you this so you will understand when I say I have no idea where the snowflake came from.  However, you can get wood shapes at your local big box craft stores and that would work as well.

So I was channeling my inner momma when I did this.  So I printed my digital image just on a piece of copy paper.  I trimmed it down so it would fit on the center of my snowflake and then I grabbed some tracing paper (also my mom's) and was ready to go.  Here is what my pattern looked like.

So I lined this up on the snowflake and started to carefully trace it onto the wood. You can't erase any mistakes but you can cover most with your pencils.  So here is what the snowflake looked like when I was done tracing.




















When I was done tracing I realized that should have line the image up under one of the points of the snowflake in staed of in between.  I can still hang this but it would have looked nicer the other way.  I am so happy with how this turned out.  I colored the snowman white of course.  His nose is orange, his hat and scarf are red and green.  His arms are brown and his buttons are black.  I used just regular colored pencils for this.  You could use more expensive pencils to get brighten colors I am sure.  But because I had never done this before I didn't know what to expect or how my pencils would be effected.  Coloring on the wood didn't bother the pencils at all, I will just need to sharpen them before I used them again.  So the last thing I did was take a Marvy Snow Marker and add a snow pile under my snowman and added snowflakes.   It  looked nice after the "snow" dried but the cool thing about this pen is that once it is dry, you can hit it with your heat gun and it will puff up to give texture and dimension.  So in the main photo at the top you can see that.  I did use a Copic Multi Liner to color the music notes and trace around his arms, scarf, hat, and to darken his eyes, nose, and mouth.

Because it is release day, that means there is a blog hop going on as well and release day means a new blog challenge where you can win prizes.  Below is the hop order so you can go check out my teammates amazing creations.  If you want more information on the Challenge pop over Heartcraft Paper and get all the details.  The graphic below gives the basic info.

HeartcraftPaper-First stop on the hop
Judy Markowitz
Patricia Lara Laura Wolff Marcia Caradinta Amanda Stevens Tina Bickers Turner Tania Cordie Andrea Jacobsen--You are here Alina Tanner




Did you know that Heartcraft Paper has a dedicated Facebook group?  Check it out and join us for fun and inspiration.  So this is all I have for you today.  Please hop around and check out all the new products available at Heartcraftpaper.   Thank you for stopping by!

Come and create something with me.

Andi

1 comment: