Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Bring on Spring

Hey Stampers!  Today is Release Day for Heartcraft Paper and we are doing a blog hop.  If you are following the hop, you have just come from Tina's blog. 

I am excited to bring you this adorable image, she is Primavera.  The sentiment that comes with her is "Spring is the Air!".  I didn't allow enough space on my card for the sentiment so I hand wrote it!  Don't be afraid to use your own handwriting, it makes a card even more special.  I printed her on 110# card stock and began.  I colored her with my Copic markers.  For her wings, I used B000 and B00.  Her eyes are B18 and I added a highlight with my white gel pen.  Her skin is E02 and E00, with R20 for her cheeks.  Her hair I used E37, E35, and E33.  The flowers in her hair and bouquet are R05, R08, and R59.  Y15 for the daisies (at least I think they are daisies) with Y17 for the centers.  For the leaves and greenery in her hair, I used YG17 and G14.  For her dress I wanted to give an hombre feel to it.  I will be honest, next time I won't take the dark color so high up but I like how it turned out as a whole.  So her dress is RV69, R32, and R34.  Once I was happy with my fade, I wanted to add a "diamond" look to the dress by using my white gel pen, however, I didn't really like how it was looking so I took my White Blizzard Nuvo drops and went over the white pen.  The result is incredibly sparkly.  I also took my Wink of Stella and went over the rest of her dress and her wings, I hate that I couldn't get the sparkle to pick up in my picture but the sparkle in real life is awesome.  To finish my focal panel, I took my Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink and did some direct to paper application, my result looks like a pretty white fluffy cloud blue sky. My card base is a standard A2 top folding card. I wanted some interest in the pattern paper but I wanted Primavera to be the focus.  My patterned paper is from the Flirty 6x6 pad from Queen and Co.  I used a piece of white and silver ribbon to cover where the two papers met.  I used foam tape to attach my focal piece to the card base.  And that is my card for today. 

The next stop on the hop is Kelly.  In addition to it being release day, it also the start of a new challenge, we are on #7 which is super exciting.  Our challenges are Anything Goes so you can create a card using any digi's, stamps, etc.  Three winners are chosen and announced on February 1st, prizes are images from this current release.  Also Heartcraft Paper has a Facebook Group for fun, inspiration, and positive atmosphere.  Come check it out.

If you want to start from the beginning of the hop below is the order and links to everyone!  Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

Blog Hop Order

HeartcraftPaper Tania Cordie Tina Turner Andrea Jacobsen--you are here! Kelly Millett Alina Tanner Amanda Stevens
Alina Florea Angela Yearous ​Niccole Kulig

1 comment:

  1. She is outstanding! Love your coloring :) It is such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete