Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting a little twisted!!!


Here is my first official post on the new blog.  This card was made using a technique called "Twisted card".  I saw this card technique on Splitcoast stampers website and I searched the web until I found someone that had directions for this card. I became a little obsessed with finding instructions.  It looks like it would be super complicated but it is really very easy and you could make a lot of these cards quickly.  I found a video on You Tube by Kelly Gettelfinger. Search Twisted Greeting Card.  She does a step by step video for this card.  She says this is her first video but I found that she is very easy to follow which is important (to me anyway).  I think the best thing about this card is you could use it for any type of card you needed and the person getting the card will think you  are amazingly talented (always a good feeling).  I used a  retired Stampin' UP! set and the matching card stock, Cottage Garden.  The butterflies are from Paper Studios which I purchased at my local craft store.  The only problem I had with this technique was I cut the designer paper a little off.  This card can also have a "secret". You can leave the front pouch open for a surprise for the receiver or you can leave the inside pouch open for monies or a gift card or a picture of a little cutie.  I hope you enjoyed my first post.  Leave comments, questions, requests....please be gentle....creative types are so senstive.  

Stay calm and craft on,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment