Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas everyone!  My post is a little late today because we went to see my mom.  We lost my dad shortly before Christmas so this has been a hard holiday.  These two cards utilitze the triple time stamping technique.  I saw this card on Split coast and did a search until I found someone that could teach me how to do it. Which I found on Dawn Olchefske website, her original post for this technique was on 6/16/12.  She has a video which is really easy to follow.   I used this for most of my Christmas cards.  I say most because I like to change things up and I usually send out four or five different styles of cards, it makes my mom crazy because then she always wants to know about my cards.  For the first card, I used the snowflakes from the Stampin' UP! Snow Swirled set.  I stamped them in Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Silver.  The "Make Merry" is from a retired hostess set called Tag So Much and that is stamped in Night of Navy. I used white card stock for the panels and my base is Bashful Blue (SU), then I used a glitter blue that I purchased at my local Archiver's and the smallest panel is framed is a brushed silver that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  It is a Paper Studios paper.  I used sheer white ribbon for the knot.  The inside sentiment on this card is also from the Snow Swirled and stamped in Night of Navy.  Punched out the sentiment with my small tag punch.  The other card I used the Scenic Season stamp set.  I used Always Artichoke ink and paper. The sentiment for the inside of this card is the one that comes with the Scenic Season and I used the same sheer white ribbon for the card.  I wrapped the ribbon around the panels before I attached it to the card base.  This card technique is a little time consuming but the end result is so worth it.  Dawn's video gives you all the panel sizes and what to do.  Hope you enjoyed this card and thanks for stopping by.  Keep calm and craft on!

Andi


No comments:

Post a Comment