Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tiddly Inks Alison the Witch

Hello everyone!  Happy Sunday.  Today I have card that uses a digital image.  I am fairly new to using digital images but  love it.  A couple of tips if you are new as well.  I have been told that the printer you use to print them doesn't matter but I have had more success using my laser printer which uses a toner based ink.  I don't get the smudging and bleeding like I did when I used an ink jet to print my images.  The other tip is that I let the image cool before working with it, mostly as precaution on my end.  So anyway, today I am using an image from Tiddly Inks.  It is called Alison the Witch, next to Christmas I LOVE making Halloween cards which is why I used this image.  I printed her several times (just in case) on X-press Blending card which is Copic friendly card stock.  I did several practices Alison's but finally chose this one.
  I am going to break the card down for you and hope that I don't get to long winded =).  For the background I used mostly distress inks.  I masked off a portion of the card and then I started with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice Stone.  I used the round mini blender for all of my blending. Once I had the concentration of Pumice Stone that I wanted I switched to Black Soot and covered the entire area.  I flipped my card stock and started on the night sky.  I started with Tumbled Glass and put down a base coat.  Then I used Broken China and was going to finished with Faded Jeans but got lazy
because I only have the distress marker for Faded Jeans so it was taking "forever".  So I grabbed my Memento Dew Drop of Nautical Blue and finished the sky and got the color I was looking for.
  I let all the ink dry and was looking at it and decided that I needed something more for the background so I thought why not go all crazy with more new to me things.  I broke out my texture paste from Ranger.  I have watched several videos where people added ink to color the paste so I thought what could I mix with the paste to make it not so white on my deep blue background.  I finally decided to mix in a little bit of Silver Liquid Pearls.  It did soften the white but didn't give it any shimmer so I added some clear Wink of Stella on some of the stars which I don't think shows very well in the photo.  The fence and the black cat are from MFT Spooky Scene die-namics. You could make a Halloween card just using the die if you wanted.  Now for Alison.  I used all Copic markers for my coloring except for the green on her hat and her corset.  I wanted to make her dress a purple color.  I have built my supply of Copics but I have more hair and ski tones so I used the one purple I had which is V17.  I didn't do a whole lot of shading more just coloring on her dress and hat.  On her corset I used my Zig Clean Color Brush #200 which is Light Green but I thought it was a nice contrast.  I am getting a head of myself--so much for not being long winded. I started with the skin because I figured if I didn't stay in the lines it would be okay.  Plus some of the skin area is very tiny.  I used the E21 first and then I softened it with E11 and then used E00 to blend them both out.  I tried to add some blush to her cheeks but it is hard to see.  I used R30 for that.  For the crow, I used C5  and then just a little highlight with C9.  Finally for her hair, I struggled because I didn't want to do brown or blonde so I did black.  This I did blend.  I started with C9, I laid down some color at the bottom of her and at the top under hat, then I took C7 and I started with it on the C9 and blended it out, to finish her hair color I used C5 to smooth out all the lines out.  I was afraid the crow would blend into her hair but once it dried he was noticeably.  To finish her off I used my clear Wink of Stella on her dress and hat to add more sparkle.  My greeting is just something I typed on my computer and then printed.  I used some random scrap of card stock to frame it.  I took my blender tool and used the black soot to soften the white card stock so it wasn't so bright.  To adhere the fence, I put it through my Xyron sticker maker.  I have learned to rub the die cut once I have it adhered to get rid of the extra adhesive that you get. Once I had the fence down I adhered Alison with foam tape and of course I fussy cut her own and used my black Copic marker to hide the white edge from cutting her out.  I wasn't sure where to put the cat so I adhered him to her skirt and Wink of Stella'd him as well.  I slid the greeting under Alison's hair a little bit.  I trimmed the image piece with some black card stock.  I had a scrap of Bazzill shimmer in a purple color along the bottom as a pop of color.  I love how she turned out.  I hope you will get inspired to check out Tiddly Inks and try a digital image.  Thanks for stopping by.

Andi
 ,

No comments:

Post a Comment