Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lifted Up

Here is another design team entry for the Tiddly Inks call that ends this Friday, July 15th.  Today's
card uses the Friends Lift U Up image, of course from Tiddly Inks. I love this image and had a blast coloring it.  First it is a standard A2 top folding card.  My base is Cucumber Crush from Stampin' UP!  I used a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Springtime plaid from the Doodlebug Springtime collection. I loved how bright and fun this card turned out.  I used a piece of yellow ribbon that I just had on hand.  I typed "On Top of the World with You!" on my computer and printed it out and trimmed it down.  The actual image is colored using a combination of Artist Loft colored pencils, Spectrum Noir Essentials pencils, and Zig Real Color Water brush markers. On the flower, I used yellow and Spectrum Noir 022 and blended these using Gamsol for a smoother color and finished it using my Wink of Stella clear pen.  The little caterpillar was colored using 047 pencil from Spectrum Noir Essentials.  The larger caterpillar was colored using both 047 and 058 again using the gamsol to smooth it out.  I used the Pink (025) for the spots on both 'pillars.  Then I took my Transparent Viva Perle pen and used it basically like crystal effects.  I used a black pencil to create some ground for the image and smoothed it again with the gamsol. If you are interested in the Design Team call you can find the information here.  We have until July 15th to throw our entries into the hat so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment