Sunday, July 22, 2018

Happy Birthday Shaker


Hey Stampers!  Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend.  My card project today features a SVG file from Heartcraft Paper called the Party Speech Bubbles.  I used the Happy B-Day bubble.  Now I am going to be completely honest with you...making this card nearly had me in tears.  I set up my Silhouette Portrait and without thinking updated all my software. Which changed the way my design screen looked, I posted a message in the design team group and got great feed back of "keep trying" and "what happens when you try to cut".  The point of telling you guys this is that everyone struggles when making cards and it is important to not let our frustration get the best of us.  Ok, enough of that, onto the project.

I imported my speech bubble file into my Silhoutte.  I increated the size to 4.58 x 4.49.  I cut one using patterned paper from Pink and Main called Celebrate.  The stripe down the center of the card base is from the same pad and is the flip side of the balloon paper.  I love this paper because you get pinks and purples on one half and the other half is blues and greens.  So after I cut out the speech bubble with the words cut out, I cut it out again using a piece of Blue Violet card stock from Simon Says Stamp but this time I cut it without the words.  The piece serves as the back of my shaker piece.  
 Once I had the second speech bubble cut out, I added a piece of acetate to the back of the bubble with the "Happy B-Day".  I traced the shape of the bubble and then cut the acetate with my scissors.  I used 1/8 in scor-tape to adhere the acetate to the speech bubble.








Once I had the acetate attached to the back of my piece, I set about to adding the pieces to the A, P, B, and D to complete the letters.  Once I had that all done, I added think foam strips from Darice to make the wells for my confetti.  I love these strips as it makes doing shakers like this so much easier.

Now I added the confetti to make my shaker.  I used a rainbow mix, that is circles of different sizes.  Once I had the confetti in, I carefully set about added the solid speech bubble to back.  I didn't get pictures of that because well, it was hard to do one handed.  Once I had the shaker piece together, I added the strip of stripes to center of a horizontal A2 card base.  I adhered my speech bubble piece to the base.  Once I had everything all together I thought it needed just a little something so I added some glossy dots from Pink and Main.  

I hope you enjoyed my project today.  Stayed tuned as we will be having some sneak peeks coming at the end of July as well a new Challenge.  Speaking of Challenges, you still have 7 days to enter our first challenge.  It is Anything Goes.  So make a card and link it up.  There are some amazing prizes. 
One more thing before I go, did you need that Heartcraft Paper has a Facebook group?  Please join us to get all kinds inspiration from the Design Team and others in the group.  

Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

1 comment: