Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Welcome!


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Today is my first post as a design team member for Heartcraft Paper!  Yesterday was the Grand Opening of the store and today is the first post for the challenge blog.  To celebrate the Grand Opening of the store and the Challenge blog, we are having a blog hop, here is the list of blogs for you to visit


Image may contain: text
Andrea Jacobsen--you are here





So my project today features several things from the new release I used Harold, wizarding sentiments, and the Hogwartz image.  So to start I printed my images on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium card stock.  The box card came from the Box Die by Pink and Main.  

To get the castle on the box die, I printed the castle image on one of the gray tones from the Storm Clouds paper pack from Recollections.  Once I had the image printed I cut one part of the box from that printed image and then cut another one from the same gray card stock.  

  Once I had the box pieces cut, I took my C5, C3  markers to give the castle some definition.  I added Y15 to the windows and then went over it with clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to make them look lighted.  I printed "have a wizin' good day" and cut it with another die cut from the box die set.  I printed the Welcome to Hogwarts and trimmed it down and made a sign trimming it with Lipstick Red and Sunshine card stock and did the same thing with the "fantastical" sentiment.  Harold is colored with Copics as well. His uniform is colored with R24, R27, and R29.  The gold portion is Y08 and Y15.  The Golden Snitch is colored with Y08 with Clear Sparkle pen over it to make it shimmer.  The hair is E31, E33, and E35.  The elbow and knee pads are done with E37, E39, and E57.   The broom is done with E35, E37, and E39.  

I used acetate to make him look like he was flying and the two signs look like they are floating.  I love how this card turned out.  A side note, the box die card would normally fit into a regular envelope, however because Harold is "flying", if you wanted to duplicate my card, you would need a larger envelope.  I hope you love the card and take a minute to check out the challenge and create a card.  The new release from Heartcraft Paper has something for all crafters.  I am so excited to be a part of this team and look forward to inspiring you with the awesome images and products.  

Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

6 comments:

  1. Ilove your project! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made a box card and your coloring is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely make and happy new start with your challenge blog! Good luck and happy crafting.



    Sunny greetings
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#19 – From the kitchen)
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your giftbox is great! Wonderful job!
    Good luck with the new challenge blog and shop!
    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete