Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Sunshine!!!

Long time no see!  I realize it has been a while since I have posted and my explanation is my laptop died.  However, my husband recently built me a new desktop so I am back in business with blog posts.  So for my first post in a while I am showcasing a birthday card.  The image is one of my favorite images from Tiddly Inks called Fairy Sunny day.  The card is 8 1/2 by 5 1/2  which is a lot larger than I would normally make but the image itself I printed really big so I needed to make a bigger size card.  The card base is made from Sunshine card stock from Simon Says Stamp.  I used Spectrum Noir color blend pencils to color my image.  The flower petals I colored first with Spectrum Noir C1, C2, and C4.  Once I finished with the markers I went over the petals with Bumblee and Daffodil pencils.  The finally product I love.  I love how much deeper the colors look.  I added some details with Crystal effects and the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen which doesn't show up very well in the photo but is gorgeous in real life.  The Happy Birthday is from Crafter's Companion Glamour Signature Collection from Sara Davies that just recently aired on HSN.  I took my yellow Sparkle pen and colored a second of Spectrum noir watercolor paper and then die cut the sentiment.  I did one in the yellow and two in just white.  I applied Stick It adhesive paper to the back of my watercolor paper before I die cut the sentiment to make it a little easier to adhere the sentiments together.  I layered the two white Happy Birthday's together first and then put my Sparkle one on top.  Once I had them all together and looking the way I want, I adhered them to the bottom corner of the card base.  I added some silver Stickles to get some more sparkle on the card.  This beautiful girl is going to brighten the birthday of one my friends.  I just love how she turned out.  Thank you for stopping by.  Check back in tomorrow because I will be showing different foil products from Gina K and Thermo Web as well some of the foil products from Crafter's Companion.  I am hoping to have some sneak peeks for this week from what is coming to HSN on August 16th.  Thank you again for your visit.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment