Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas means more!

 Hey Stampers!  Happy Saturday!  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it) and survived the Black Friday madness.  I have a the first of many Christmas cards for you today showcasing of course The Project Bin!  My project today uses Maybe Christmas.  Let's get started!  My finished card is a standard A2 size with a little bit of a twist.  The card stock base is navy blue and cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2.  Once I had my card scored I opened it up on my paper trimmer and  I cut from the bottom of the card at 2 1/8 to the score line.  So when you are done you have two flaps.  I cut the top flap off at the score line.  I took a piece of patterned paper from the Perfectly Plaid collection by Lawn Fawn  and cut it at 2 x 4  and adhdered it to the flasp so I had just a little bit of a border of the navy blue showing.  On the inside of the card I adhered a piece of Sky blue card stock that measured 4 x 5 1/4.  For the medallion on the front of the card I did the following.  First I stamped my image in Versamark ink on the same Sky blue card stock and embossed it using Silver Platinum embossing powder from Ranger.  The I used the three biggest label dies from the Labels Nine set from Spellbinders.  I cut out my image using the second largest die.  To make a frame I took the largest die and the third largest die and cut them out  using more of the Perfectly Plaid patterned paper.  I adhered my image piece to the frame using Nuvo glue.  Once I gave that a moment to dry I adhered the medallion piece on the front flap, putting adhesive only on the bottom half of the image piece.  On the inside of the card I stamped the "Merry Christmas" from this same set in Tuxedo black ink.  Then I took the snowflake image from the set and stamped the image randomly on the inside piece with Versamark ink again.  Here is a photo of the inside of the card.
I love the subtle look that you get from this technique. That is my finished my card.  Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my project and visit the The Project Bin.  Stop by next Friday where I will have a special bonus post featuring The Project Bin.  Come and create something with me.

Andi




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I commented on the wrong card! This card is cute too though!!!!

    ReplyDelete