Saturday, November 4, 2017

It's Feeling like Autumn

 Hey Stampers!  Welcome back to another Saturday showcasing The Project Bin.  Today's card features the New Leaf set.  Autumn or Fall is probably my favorite season.   So I was trying to decide what I wanted to do for my project today when I came across this video from Ranger Ink and used it as my inspiration. 

So the first thing I did was take a piece of card stock and cut it into an A2  size card front and  I cut it from Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock.  In the video I shared Ranger is using the Distress Oxide inks which I don't have any (yet!) so I used my regular Distress inks.  I used Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, and Fossilized Amber.  I also used one Memento Dew Drop ink, Lady Bug.  I stamped my greeting " Autumn teaches that change can be Beautiful" in Rich Cocoa before I started ink blending.  I am telling you this because I initially did my blending first and then dropped the stamp when I was getting ready to stamp sooooo I got out my Misti and stamped first.  I used the Ranger blending tool with round foam sponges to do the blending. I started with Antique Linen, then Spiced Marmalade, and finally Peeled Paint.  Once I had my colors down, I went back over it with Antique Linen to try and smooth the blending.  I took my Lady Bug ink and went around the edges of the card.  I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in the color Ripened Pumpkin.  I wanted the card to have a little sparkle so I took two of my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens in Hearthside and Moonshine.  I tapped the pen on the side of my finger to create drops of sparkle on the card. At first I thought the red was too much but once it dried I was happy with how it turned out.  On the inside, I stamped "turn over a new leaf every day." with Rich Cocoa again.  My card base is cut from Orange Peel card stock, cut at 4 1/14 and scored at 5 1/2 and is a side fold card. 

So that is my card for today.  Just a little bit about what is to come; I am currently planning a Holiday series which I hope to film and post some videos for a few of the cards I do and my plan is bring you a couple Autumn/Thanksgiving cards too!  I am loving my stamps from The Project Bin so I hope you check them out! Thanks for stopping by today

Come and create something with me,


Andi

1 comment: