Saturday, November 18, 2017

Don't be afraid to stand out

Good morning everyone!  Welcome to another Project Bin Saturday.  A couple of weeks ago, I went a little crazy and bought more of the wonderful sets offered by The Project Bin.  Today's card uses Spencer's Set.  There is a sentiment in this set that is a quote from Dr. Seuss (whom I love) and I got an idea swimming around in my head to do my project around this quote.  Which is "Why fit in when you were born to stand out" So this is what I came up with


So what I did was take the image from the set which is the heart puzzle and stamped it all over a white A2 size base using black ink.  Then I stamp the heart and colored it blue, and fussy cut it out which was easy then added a couple bling on the heart.  Stamped my sentiment fish tailed the ends and called it gorgeous.  But while I was tiding up and taking pictures I kept looking at and thinking it is so white.  So I went back to the drawing board so to speak and this is my final card


I stamped a few more hearts colored them green, red, and yellow; cut some of the puzzle pieces out of my colored hearts and then I adhered them to my background piece.  I love this final product.  What a difference a little color makes so then I trimmed my piece down to 4 x 5 1/4, round the corners and adhered it to a piece of blue card stock from my stash which I round the corners on as well and this is my completed project for today.  I hope you enjoyed it and will check out The Project  Bin, you will love the stamps.  

Come and create something with me

Andi

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite sets! You created such a fun background with the heart stamp. So fun the way you colored just a few of the pieces!

    ReplyDelete