Saturday, October 28, 2017

Why Yes!

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

Hi Stampers!  Happy Saturday!  The card I have for you today is probably going to be my last Halloween card for the season...well maybe I will do one more for Tuesday.  My card today features the Haunt It set from The Project Bin.  I had a vision for this card as it is my first Design Team project for The Project Bin (squeeeeee!)

So the first thing I did was create my night sky.  I took the following Distress Inks Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, and Black Soot.  I started with Peacock Feathers and did a layer of it, which you can't really tell it is even in this scheme which I like.  My next color was Blueprint Sketch, I moved onto Wilted Violet, and finished it with Black Soot.  When applying the Black Soot, I took my blending tool and applied the color a little heavier on the edges.  I stamped the Happy Halloween from the Haunt It set.  I used a die cut to make the circle in my sky piece.  The only oops in this card is that I didn't make the sky piece long enough to cover the front of the card.  I only told about  this mistake so that you can see that my fix worked and I didn't need to scrap the whole card and start over.  I used a left over piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock to provide the extra coverage needed.  To soften the color a little bit, I took my Black Soot blending tool  to add some Black Soot to the edges.   I used my clear and Moonshine Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to give my sky some twinkle.

Now for the inside of the card.  I stamped the witch image with the sentiment that says "Why yes, I can drive a stick!"  How awesome is that!  My card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I placed my sky piece down and drew little pencil circle so I could create my "moon".  Once I had the 2nd circle cut, I stamped the witch image with Versamark ink, after I treated the inside of my card with my anti static bag.  The embossing power is orange and is from a Halloween set I bought at Michael's several years ago.  I love it because it comes with orange, black, purple, silver, and silver/black.  The collection was from Recollections which is the Michael's brand.  I love how the orange looks.  Then I took some Mustard Seed Distress ink to give the silhouette some background color.  As far as visions go, I am extremely excited with how this card turned out.  So that is my card for the day. Come back next Saturday when I will have another card for you featuring the amazing products from The Project Bin!  Thank you so much for stopping by.

Come and create something with me

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment