Saturday, October 14, 2017

Looking for my Mummy

Image may contain: food

Hello stampers!  I have another Halloween card for you today.  This is a case of a card I made several years ago.  It is a little time consuming but easy to put together and SO cute.  The card is a standard A2 card with an orange card base.  The mummy's wrappings are one inch strips of card stock that I tore the edges, to give it a bandage look. The dirty look is achieves from taking a sponge applicator and ink.  I used Almond Latte from Your Next Stamp.  This was an ink cube that I received in a kit.  I applied the ink all over the strip, heavier on the torn edges.  I forgot to mention that they strips are made from Ivory cardstock that I picked up at Michaels, 110 lb weight.  If you wanted to use a lightr weight card stock for the strips that would be okay.  So once I had the the strips all ready to go, I took a small panel about 3 1/2 by 4 to make the mummy.  I used six strips for the mummy.  I arranged to look like they were "wrapped".  I used my tape runner to adhere them down and any pieces that hung over I just trimmed off with my scissors.  Previously when I made this card the eyes were made using orange, black, and white card stock circles to make the eyes.  Today's card has googly eyes.  I found these at my local Dollar Tree and there is a mixture of sizes and colors.  Once I had the eyes down.I adhered my mummy to a piece of black card stock and attached it to the card base.  The longest part of this card was the distress of strips.  Cute, easy, and fun for all ages.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Come and create something with me.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment