Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Try Stampin' On Tuesday #401


hey Stampers!  Sorry I have been so quiet.  I  hurt back about a month ago and the pain until recently has made extremely difficult to sit in a hard chair but I am on the mend  and bringing you a new challenge from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  So we are on sketch 401 and this is our inspiration for the challenge. 

So for my card today this is the sketch we are using..  I did some of what I call faux mats.  Instead of matting my elements with more card stock, I used my glitter marker from Nuvo called Urban Graphite.    So here is my card for this sketch challenge.  I used the marker around on the layer around the yellow square.  I also used it around the card base before I added the green piece.  The optional element this week is Frames.  I didn't really utilize that element.  The dragonfly, hearts, and little circles are from a  new line from Queen Co for foiling.  I used the Stick ems Spring (which is the dragonfly, hearts, and circles) along with the purple and blue foil from them. My gemstones are the iridescent bubbles also from Queen & Co. 

My sentiment comes from the Sentiment Stackers Die#2.  To create the oval frame, I used my Never Ending Oval Dies   All of the card stock came from my stash.  I stamped the "you're awesome in black ink on to a white piece of card stock and then trimmed it down to fit on the card. 

For the dragonfly, I wanted some lift.  So I took my Scotch foam tape and trimmed it to fit under the wings.  It makes it appear like the wings are lifted.  I really enjoyed this sketch and I love how my card turned out. 

I will be back next week with another challenge from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I am guest designing through April.  I hope you will participate in this week's challenge. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me. 

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment