Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Wishes

 This card is an example of what happens when you have no idea what you want to do.  I think it turned out quite well.  I started by embossing the witch image with black embossing powder onto a sheet of white card stock.  I added the ink a couple of different ways.  Some I sponged on and some was the direct to paper technique.  I used a combination of different stamps and papers.  For the card base, I cut a piece of Gina K black onyx in half.  So my finished card is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and the fold is on the top.  The image is embossed on a piece of white card stock from Recollections which is a brand sold at all Michael's stores.  The embossing powder is from a Recollections set I bought that is available at Michael's but because it is "halloween colors" it might be seasonal.  It finishes very shiny.  The image is from a Recollections set that I got at my Michael's store.  I took a sponge dauber and added the Cantaloupe dew drop to give me some moon color.  Then I added the Cranberry from color box.  It is darker in some areas and that is where I did the DTP method, the lighter area
was sponged directly on.  I added some Grey Flannel dew drop and I love the effect it gives the card.  I think it makes it look like scary night.  I mounted my image piece to a piece of Bazzill smooth Boysenberry.  There is also a piece of patterned paper from a Recollections paper pad.  On the card base, I took my $1 spiderweb stamp around the end of the front of the card.  The embossing powder I used is very cool because it purple when it goes on but when heat set it is a silvery purple.   I glued a piece of white card stock to the inside of the card so that a message could be written in.  I didn't stamp anything on the inside but I really like this card and will make a few more.  I am trying to sell a few at work.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment