Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring is in the AIr (Hopefully)

Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday and I hope it is Spring like where you are, because I don't know about you but I  am ready for Spring.  Today's project is done using the Spring Zen from The Project Bin.    I have been struggling with mojo but I was able to break through and create a couple of cute cards with Spring colors.  Both cards use the tulip image and the "Spring is in the Air" sentiment.  The first card is more like a mini card.  I used a yellow card base from my stash.  This card stock has a little texture to it so it gives a little bit of interest.  I stamped the tulip image with Daffodil Delight onto the base to give the look of patterned paper.  I stamped the tulip in Cucumber Crush ink from Stampin' UP! onto a piece of Bazzil white cotton card stock.  I took my BP5 Spectrum Noir marker and colored the tulip in.  I used a die cut picture frame that I got a few weeks ago at my local Hobby Lobby in a clearance shopping spree (a story for another time).  I stamped the sentiment in Cucumber Crush on the frame and added three pink glossy dots from Pink and Main.  The inside is stamped in the same ink and used "Spring brings beautiful things."


The other card uses the same image and sentiment.  I used the same yellow card stock and stamped the tulip in Cucumber Crush, three times.  I wanted to do something a little bit different with the coloring so I used a couple of Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to color the tulip this time.  I used Soft Jade, Seabreeze, and Peony.  I stamped the sentiment in Cucumber Crush again on a strip of white card stock and put two yellow glossy dots, one on either side of the sentiment.  I adhered the sentiment across the tulips and I added three more glossy dots in yellow to the right bottom corner.  My card base for this card is a standard A2 made from Green Apple card stock from Simon Says Stamp.  My favorite is the smaller card but I like how both turned out today.

I added a couple of other photos that picked up the sparkle in the flowers on this card and a close up of the background stamping on the card above.  I hope you enjoyed my projects today and take the take time to check out The Project Bin and all the fabulous stamps available.  Thank  you for stopping by.

Come and create something with me.


Andi



No comments:

Post a Comment