Wednesday, March 7, 2018

He is Risen



Hey Stampers! Happy Wednesday!  Today's card uses the Spring Zen from The Project Bin. I am using  the cross image from the set.  The whole time I was putting my card together I kept hearing the song Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis.  I am not gonna lie to you guys, I have been struggling with my mojo lately and to top it off, I am packing up my craft room because I am getting a new cabinet so I have make room so we can get it into my room but it will give me a ton of new storage space so that is exciting. 

This idea for this card came from the song.  Mainly because there were three people that day long ago when Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us.  I did two plain brown crosses and then one is a blue green because to me that represents him rising again so that cross should be lighter in my mind. So more about the card itself.  I stamped the cross three times and then colored them.  On the two brown crosses I used a combo of E33, E35, E37, E18, and E59.  The green cross is BG11, BG13, and BG32.  The background sky is Broken China Distress Oxide ink.  I used some green textured green card stock from my stash that I got at Michael's a while ago.  To soften it because it was a pretty bright green, I covered it with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink.  I cut the hills using a circle die, I cut two circles from the paper and then cut them in half.  The hill to the left and right I attached flat to the card base.  The middle one I used foam tape to pop it up.  The crosses were the same principle, the left and right crosses were attached flat.  The green cross I used the foam tape again.  I stamped the sentiment "Christ the Lord is risen today" and I stamped that in black ink on white card stock.  I attached it to the front with foam tape.  I used glossy dots in green, clear, and blue.  I attached the base to a standard A2 size card.  For one final touch on the green cross, I went over it with my clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.  So that is my card for today.  I wanted to share with a quick peek at a new stamp set that is available in the The Project Bin store called Deer Mom.  There are some great sentiments and a cute deer image in this set which obviously geared towards Mother's Day so next week I will be using this set to make a card maybe two.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me


Andi

Card making, mother's day, deer, paper crafts, stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment