Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Diets are Hard

 Hey stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another card brought to you featuring The Project Bin.  My card today is a little puny, a little ironic, and a life truth.  I used the Hole Foods set.  I used the donut image, which I stamped twice.  I used my Copics to color this.  I used E31 and E33 for the "donut" and E37 and E39 for the frosting.  I colored them the same because if I eat cake donuts which is what I think these look like, I want a vanilla cake donut with chocolate frosting.  I used a punch to make it look like one has a bit out of it.  I popped up them up on foam tape.  I used the sentiment "I ate a donut without sprinkles....Diets are hard."  This is actually one sentiment all together but I burst out of my comfort zone and cut my sentiment so I could stamp them separately.  I am not going to lie....I had a small moment of panic when I was doing it but it turned out fine.  On the inside I stamped "The center of a donut is 100% fat free."   The card base is A2 side top folding card made from 110# Recollections white card stock from Michael's.  The pink frame is a piece of pink from my stash.  The patterned paper is from Pink and Main called Celebrate which I love because you get pink and blue themed papers in this pad. The ribbon across the center that the donuts are sitting on is also from my stash.
  I think the puny part of my card is obvious but the ironic thing about the sentiment I used is I don't like sprinkles on my donuts but the life truth: diets are hard.  I recently started trying to make some life changes.  The biggest one is that I have cut way back on the amount of diet soda I am drinking.  For me this is huge, I have been a huge Dt. Coke addict since about 1999 and I mainly drank just soda, very little water or anything else.  So after a wake up call at the doctor's I started working on drinking less soda and started to drink iced tea and water.  So this whole sentiment appealed to my sense of humor and I wanted to make a card because I figured I can't be the only person struggling with making better choices.  So I hope this card made you giggle a little bit and that you will check out this set and all the fabulous stamp sets offered at The Project Bin. 

Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi




2 comments:

  1. I love the design! Such pretty sprinkle paper! This is so cute! I love donuts so much. The inside sentiment cracks me up! Way to go on cutting the sentiment. I have done that on a couple of sentiments myself. It's much easier than masking off what you don't want. If you stamp it again and forget to take the mask off you get ink every where!!!

    ReplyDelete