Thursday, November 8, 2018

Birthday Celebration

Hey Stampers!  Its Thursday and guess what else?  IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!  So knowing my post would be on  my birthday I had to make a birthday card!  I used Penguin Celebrations and the happy birthday SVG file.  So a little background, my favorite color is green, just in case you couldn't tell with card.

To start I printed this happy girl on Ultra Smooth card stock from Crafter's Companion.  I colored everything with Copic markers.  For my penguin I used the following
for her body C9, C7, C5, and C3.  For her belly and face I used C1, C00, and 0.  Her beak is YR16.  The necklace and skirt are G09 for the necklace, the skirt I used G07, G14, and G12.

The confetti I just grabbed bright colors and to be honest I didn't keep track.  The card base is a lime green from my stash and my card is 6x6.  The pattern paper is from Pink and Main and it is called Celebration.  I used some silver glitter paper from my stash to create the border on the image piece.  I used clear Sparkle pen on the skirt, necklace, and confetti.  For the sentiment I cut 4 copies of "happy birthday" from white card stock using my Silhouette Portrait.  I layered them all together using liquid glue.  For the top layer that is all glittering, I used a green sheet of glitter paper that I got from Queen and Co called Pretty Papers.  This is non shed glitter paper that has adhesive on the back.  Now I will say this, this very light weight paper so to make sure it would cut in my Portrait, I trimmed out a piece of the green glitter paper and attached it to a piece of white card stock.  I sent it through my Portrait to cut it out.  I added this to the top of my already glued together "happy birthday's".  Once it was dry, I attached it to the front of my card and that completed my card.   I love layering the sentiments like this because it gives dimension to the card.

Before I go, I want to invite everyone enter a project for our Anything Goes Challenge on our challenge blog.  Entries are accepted until 11/28/18 and winners are announced when the new challenge starts on December 1st.  Did you know that Heartcraft Paper has a fan group, join our Facebook group for inspiration and sneak peeks.

Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment