Thursday, November 1, 2018

Merry Kisses


Hey Stampers!  Happy Thursday and welcome to another release from Heartcraft Paper.   Once again Monica has knocked it out of the park with the new images.

I am using the Merry Kisses image for my card today. I used the small penguin blowing kisses and the sentiment. This is why I have come to love digital images I took this image and altered it to what I wanted for this project. I rotated him so he had a mirror image and printed it on Ultra Smooth White card stock from Crafters Companion. I decided to copy my fellow DT member Tania and use non traditional Christmas colors.  My card base is a top folding A2 made from 110# cardstock. It is from a Value pack by Recollections called Ocean. I colored my penguins using My Copic markers.  Here are the colors I used. Penguins C9, C7, C5, C3 belly is C1 and C0.  Hats BG13, BG23, BG34 band of the hat is BG10 and BG11 Beak and Feet YR16.  Hearts are R37.

Now I wanted to make a shaker card but I wanted a “window” so I used a circle die from my set from Kat Scrappiness and cut into the front of the card base.  I used another die from to create a frame for the circle, using some self adhesive glitter paper that I picked up from Queen & Co called Pretty Papers.  On the inside of the card, I arranged and adhered my penguins so they showed in my window the way I wanted.  I then used one of my clear card sleeves to create my pocket for my shaker bits.  The shaker bits I used are some new ones from Queen & Co called Jelly Gems. When making my pocket, I made sure to double check my adhesive application because I didn't want anything to show in the window.



Once I had the pocket adhered, I added my sentiment "wishing you" that I printed on the computer and fishtailed the ends.  I framed it with the silver glitter paper which by the way GLEAMS in real life.  To finish the front I used my Aquatic Mist to create dots of glittery color.

On the inside, I grounded my penguins with a half circle of the glitter paper.  I used glitter pen on the Santa hats and adhered all the little hearts.  The sentiment "Merry Kisses" comes with the image.

So because we have a new release that means we also have a new challenge up on the blog. Which is an Anything Goes.  Also because it is release day, we are also doing a blog hop, so if you are following along you arrived here from Tina's blog and if you want to continue on the blog hop, your next stop is Amanda.  If you start from the beginning here is the order.

HeartcraftPaperJudy Markowitz Patricia Lara Marcia Caradinta Tania Cordie Alina Tanner Tina Bickers Turner Andrea Jacobsen --You are here. Amanda Stevens Alysha Sheridan

Also did you know we have a fan group, please join our Facebook group.  So that is all I have for everyone today.  Thank you for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,

Andi










1 comment: