Friday, September 11, 2015

Another MFT submission

This card uses the Polynesian Paradise set.  I used the turtle, small leaf, the small and large flower that I think is plumeria.  I used the matching die-namics set.  I made a small mistake and cut the flowers and things after I had stamped and colored them.  Because the die-namics are not just frames it is better to cut the pieces first and then do your stamping.  It does take some practice to get it right so I always cut more than I want to use.  So I fussy cut everything to take away my die cutting mistakes.  I then took a black marker to cover the white edges on everything.  I used watercolor paper because I used my Zig Clean Brush markers to color the i mages.  The card stock is from the September SSS kit of the month.  It is the Audrey Blue piece.  I cut the piece to 4 1/4 x 11 and then scored it at
 5 1/2.  I stamped the sentiment.  "Warm Wishes & Sunny Smiles" and then I arranged the flowers and leaves around it.  I colored them with the Zig markers and then used water to move the color.  I used 050 Yellow on the top left large flower, the bottom left large flower was colored with 080 Violet, the top right flower was colored with 031 Cobalt Blue and 032 Persian Blue, bottom right flower is colored with 070 Orange.  The small flower on the left was colored with 025 Pink and the final small flower was colored with 092 Blue Gray.  All the leaves were colored with 040 Green and I put a base of 041 light green down first.  I used my aqua painter for all of the water coloring.  On the inside of the card I stamped "sending saltwater kisses"  I put one small flower colored with Yellow and one large flower again with the Blue Gray.  The turtle is colored with 043 Olive Green and his shell was colored with 072 Beige and added some 062 Dark Brown.  I used my Sharpie white paint pen to add dots in the centers of the flowers and on the turtles check and shell.  I covered the flowers with my clear Wink of Stella pen.  Then I covered                                                                 the turtle shell with glossy accents and the large blue gray                                                                       flower as well.  I purchased this set because I thought the                                                                       turtle was so stinking cute but fell in love with it because of                                                                   the images and sentiments.  I love all things MFT.
Thanks for stopping by and come again.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment