Sunday, August 21, 2016

Halloween Series #2

 :  :  : Hey Stampers! How is everyone on this glorious Sunday?  Today's card is the second installment in my new Halloween Series.  I love making Halloween cards probably more than any other holiday including Christmas.  This card uses a Crafters Companion set called Best Witches.  I love it cause it looks like things might have gotten out of hand for this particular witch--lol.  The card is slightly bigger than normal,   it is 5 x 5 1/2 made from Blackberry Bliss card stock from Stampin UP! which unfortunately was an In Color and is no longer available.  However, you could substitute Rich Razzleberry or Elegant Eggplant.  The image itself is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink on to Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock.  I colored the image with my colored pencils and used Gamsol technique to smooth it out. I decided that the white was too white and I wanted to try and make it look like the fog was purple and all swirly.  I think I did OK.  I used Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, and Black Soot distress inks to create this look.  Honestly I am still finding my way with distress inks so just play around tell you get something you like.  Because every card needs some sparkle I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to add some glitz.  I used the Clear Sparkle pen for the flames and the bubbles then I used Fig to color the tentacles.  It is hard to see the purple sparkle in the photo but gorgeous in real life.  I love these Sparkle pens.  The Fig color is in the Vintage Hue set.  The set comes with 12 Sparkle pens and they are all gorgeous.  For some additional interest I added some black glitter card stock to the corners.  The entire image is adhered to a piece from Doodlebug 6 x 6 paper pad from Halloween last year.  Side note-yesterday I watched a Facebook live video of the unboxing of Design Team box for Doodlebug Designs showing the Fall, Halloween, and Christmas collections....oh my I would give almost anything to be on that DT. Anywho, back to the card.  I used some scalloped felt ribbon that is also Doodlebug Designs from last Halloween.  The  inside of the card uses the "best witches" sentiment from the stamp set and is again stamped in Tuxedo black onto a piece of the Ultra Smooth card stock.  I then used the Distress inks again.  I took a piece of the same patterned paper from the front of the card and cut a 1" strip for the inside.  I am happy with how this turned out and I hope you are glad that you stopped by.  Thanks for crafting with me today.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment