Wednesday, February 14, 2018

You Drive Me Glazy

Hey Stampers! Happy Valentine's Day and my last day in my Valentine's series.  I am sorry that I have been absent but my house was hit with the flu and I have been down pretty much since last Thursday.

So today's card uses Hole Foods from The Project Bin.  I am so in love with these donuts.  Funny story, I was working on these donuts a few weeks ago and I wasn't sure about the colors so I sent pictures to my friend Susan and she helped me pick out the better color scheme and then she says to me "Dang it, now I want a donut!"  I thought that was a pretty good compliment for the coloring if my images made her hungry.  So I colored these using my Copic markers the donut was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black which is a Copic safe ink.  I colored the "donut" with E31,33, and E35.  The frosting was colored with with E37, E39, and E59. I added glossy accents to frosting to give it a shiny glazed look. I used a the same colors to make my tabletop. The plate that the donuts are sitting on is a die from stash that I have no idea where it came from--lol.  Sorry about that. I used foam tape and my ATG to attach the donuts to the card.  The glossy accents made the paper warp so they were a little difficult to adhere. The sentiment is stamped in Tuxedo black as well and I fishtailed the ends. The card itself is A2 size.  This was a quick card and post as I am just starting to feel better.  Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great Valentine's Day.

Come and create something with me,

Andi

1 comment:

  1. OH, my gracious!!! I WANT a donut now too. Seriously, your icing looks so real!!! Absolutely yum!

    ReplyDelete