Wednesday, July 18, 2018

One in a Melon

Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday and Double Love from me.  My first post today is from Heartcraft Paper and features the digi Watermelon Pop.  This comes with the image and the sentiment and I love it!  Watermelon is probably my favorite fruit.  I start buying as soon as it is in the stores and probably buy one a week until all the melons are gone.  So when I saw this in the HCP store, I had to have it.  I printed everything on Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock.  The base of my card is A2 and is made from Green Leaf card stock from Simon Says Stamp.  The layering piece I used is also from SSS, I used Doll Pink and I cut it to 4 x 5 1/4.  Both of these card stocks are 100# and are excellent card stocks.  I used a piece of Green Leaf to frame the sentiment.  I colored that watermelon pop with my Copics.  The seeds are colored with C7 and C9.  The rind is G17, G14, and G12.  Finally the melon is colored is with R05, R27, and R29.  The stick for my pop was colored with E40, E43, and E31.  Once everything was all colored I took my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen and went over the melon and unfortunately ever picture I tried to take of the sparkle did not turn out.  Finally I used some red and white twine from my stash, wrapping it around the Doll Pink three times and then tying a bow towards the bottom.  The jewels are from stash as well but are from Fun Stamper's Journey called Rainbow Drops .  I love the colors but I will admit that I hate that they don't already have adhesive on them. ( I am so lazy sometimes!)  I didn't put anything on the inside but this could be used as just about any type of card just add your inner sentiment.  So that is my card for today.  Before I go I wanted to remind you that you still have time to enter a project in the Heartcraft Paper Blog Challenge.  There are some great prizes so get your entry in.  Thank you for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment