Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Classic Not Old


Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  I have a card today using a new release from The Project Bin called Classic Man.  I am going to confess something to all of you.....masculine cards are my weakness.  I don't have a lot of "guy" stamp sets or even images so when Denise sent me this one I was so very excited.  I love the car image in this set and there are a TON of wonderful sentiments that you can use for all cards but are perfect for a dad, brother, son, or male friend. The font on the sentiments is perfect as well.    The card stock I used on my card comes from a Recollections paper pack that I got from my local Michael's.  It is called Storm Clouds and is 110# weight.  I used the lightest gray to stamp the image and the sentiment in Night of Navy from Stampin' UP!   I was stuck for a moment because as I said I don't have a lot of masculine supplies so I was digging through my stash looking for patterned paper and stumbled across some of my Lawn Fawn paper from the Perfectly Plaid Winter (which is no longer available).  The piece I used is white and gray plaid and I think is the perfect compliment to the other card stock. I cut the focal image and the patterned paper using my oval die set from Kat Scrappiness. I used the second largest die for the image and the largest die from the patterned paper. I adhered the image to the patterned paper with foam tape and then attached it to the base with my ATG gun.    The card base is A2 size and made from the darkest of the grays in the Storm Clouds paper collection.  I stamped "Happy Birthday" inside in the same Night of Navy ink.  I added a total of five Silver Glossy Dots to complete the image.

I hope you enjoyed my card for today and thank you for stopping by.  I hope if you are like me and struggle with masculine cards you pop over to The Project Bin and check this set out.


Come and create something with me,


Andi

1 comment: