Friday, May 4, 2018

Hats Off

Hey Stampers!  I don’t know about you but I am so glad today is Friday. It has been a long week. So I have gotten several stamp packages in the last few weeks. One package was from Honey Bee Stamps. I purchased some things when they were having their birthday sale.  Two of the sets I got were Congrats Grad and Penny the Platypus . I will be honest I got Penny set because of the graduation cap. I didn’t even look at any other images so I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of other images I can use.




Today’s card features both of the above sets. A coworker is graduating from college today and I made this card for the office to give to her and used the colors of the college she is graduating from.

I took a piece of red card stock from my stash, I think it might be Real Red from Stampin’ UP!  but I am not 100% sure. I cut the piece to just under 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I took the graduation cap and stamped it in a random pattern with VersaFine black ink and covered it with clear embossing powder. I heat set those images. I let it cool for a minute and then I took the diploma image and stamped it in the open spaces; heat embossing them as well. When embossing multiple images at different times be careful that you don’t put the heat too long on the images you already embossed.

I set aside the focal panel to cool. In the meantime, I cut a piece of black shimmer paper from my stash, to show just a small border around the red piece. My card base is made from one of the gray shades from the Recollections Storm Cloud paper pack. Once I had my layers adhered to the card base I stamped “Hats off to You” on a white piece of card stock framing it with a piece of the black shimmer paper. I adhered it across the card and added a Silver Glossy Dots on either side of the sentiment.  On the inside I stamped “Congratulations on your Graduation “. I love how this card turned out and hopefully she will too.  Check out Honey Bee Stamps for these stamps and a ton more. Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me,


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment