Saturday, August 18, 2018

Love on the Brain

Hey Stampers!  Happy Saturday!  Thanks for dropping in to check out my project today.  I am showcasing more fantastics goodies from HeartCraft Paper.  I am using the new Love script SVG as well as the Loving Flowers from last month's release. 

The first thing I did was cut the "love" six times from white card stock.  Once it was all cut, I glued all the pieces together to make it a heaver sentiment.  I took a finger dauber and covered the word with Worn Lipstick and then edged it a little with Picked Raspberry.  I will note that I let it dry overnight before I added the ink. 

I cut the Loving Flowers from Doll Pink card stock I cut the outline piece because initially I wanted to make a shaker card but after trying a couple of different things, I decided I had to change my plan.

I added a piece of acetate to back of the heart piece after I adhered the word "Love" off center on the heart.  I wanted some kind of bling behind the openings of the heart so I found some of my specialty glitter card stock from Crafter's Companion.  I traced and cut out a heart to adhere behind my Loving Flowers.  Now you might notice in the photo that the glitter paper is two toned.  The paper did NOT come this way.  This happened because I used Glossy Accents to glue the Loving Flowers piece to the glitter card stock.  Apparently when the glossy accents dried, it made the glitter look two toned and in real life it looks amazing.  My Loving Flowers piece was about 5 x 5, so it wouldn't fit on a standard A2 size card.  Unless, I made the card base heart shaped as well   So I took a card base and lined the heart piece up and traced where I wanted to cut and got that ready.  I attached the card base to the heart piece.  Here is a photo of how the back looks.

Once that was adhered, my card was finished.  I didn't put a sentiment on the inside because I haven't decided what I wanted to do for the card love, wedding, anniversary, Valentine's, the possibilities are endless.

So that is the card project for today but I wanted to share something else with you today.  I purchased the Hello Summer Digital papers.  I will be honest, I had no idea how to print them.  Well I don't have a color printer so I took them to my local office supply store and had them printed.  I printed one of each pattern and it wasn't horrible like $.85 a piece.  If I bring my own card stock next time it will be like $.73 a piece.  I wanted to post a picture of how they turned out.  They look fantastic in person.  I will be doing some end of summer cards with these papers and I might have some awesome digital paper that is coming next month that I can't show you just yet.

One last thing before you go, you still have ten days to enter our Anything Goes Challenge #2.  There are some awesome prizes and if win you get a badge to post on your blog that you were a winner.  Please stayed tuned as HeartCraft Paper has some amazing things coming next month.  Thank you for stopping by.  

Come and create something with me,

Andi


No comments:

Post a Comment