Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Surprise! New posting Day

Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  So you might be saying to yourself...Andi today isn't Saturday and you would be right.  Denise decided to change up the schedule for 2018 so I will be bringing you Project Bin awesomeness on Wednesday's now!  Today's card uses the In My Heart set.  This set comes with 2 hearts, 5 sentiments, and two dies to cut out the heart and the xoxo sentiment.  Side note, the heart die in this set will cut out the heart from Spencer's set. So I have been thinking about my card off and on all day, trying to decide what to make.  I knew I wanted to use this set and of course make a valentine.  So on the ride home, I remember a card I saw a long time ago and it was called a view finder card. What I remembered was that the making of the card was extremely complicated....complicated assembly is not my cup of tea.  So I decided to just sit down and play around and see if I could get the result I was seeing in my head.  As crafters, we know that what we see may not translate to a completed project; however today I got lucky.  So the first thing I did was cut a panel to A2 size ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2), then I took a piece of valentine themed paper and I cut that to 3 3/4 x 5.  I adhered my patterned to paper to my base.  I took the heart die from this set and centered it on the piece and then ran it through my Big Shot.  I cut a circle with another die that measured approximately 3 3/4 of an inch.  I laid the base over the white circle and traced the heart.  Then I turned the circle and traced another heart, and did one more turn and traced one more heart. Once I had my "pattern"  I stamped 3 of the sentiments, one in each heart.  This is what it looked like after I stamped it.  I had already made little notches in the edges of the circle to make it easier to move.  Once I had this part done.  I lined up the sentiment with the opening from the heart. I put a brad into the base and through the circle, that is my "moving' mechanism.  The brad is the only thing holding the circle to base.  I also took a photo of the back of the base once the circle is attached showing how much and where I put adhesive.

I made sure that they circle was moving easily.  I took a circle punch and notched the side of the card so you could see the circle beneath and the little notches to move the circle.  I did two layers of the Scotch foam tape to ensure good movement.  My foam tape isn't super thick so if your foam tape is thicker you would probably only need one layer.  Below is a photo of each sentiment.  I used Happy Valentine's Day, I love you so much I could squish you, and my favorite place is inside your hug.

 The patterned paper I used is from Doodlebug but it is from several years ago, the solid piece is a red foil from my local Michael's.  I took some Nuvo Glitter drops, Pink Champagne and Honey Gold and randomly put drops all over the front of the card.  I used the drops to also cover up the brad I used because it didn't really match the paper but you can't tell now.  There are a couple changes I would make for next time...and once my sister sees this, there will be a next time but I love how it turned it.  I included one more photo, it is of the inside, I used the xoxo sentiment and the glued the heart cutout to the inside corner.  Thank you so much so staying with me.  This was a long post.  I hope you like the card.

Sorry about the shadow on the inside of the card but I didn't want to smudge the drops.  Thank you for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment