Wednesday, January 31, 2018

You are my Sprinkles! (Valentines Series Day 4)

Hey Stampers!  Happy Project Bin Wednesday!  The stamp set I am using today is brand new and I LOVE it.  I know it isn't a traditional Valentine card but its donuts and that is love.  As crafters, we sometimes make a card and think bleh but with this card I was happy and smiling the whole time.  I LOVE how it turned it out.  It was like everything fell into place.  This set is called Hole Foods and is available now in the The Project Bin store. I used the donut image and stamped it in Desert Sand by Memento.  I started by stamping a donut in the center and then stamped donuts around it; making sure to stamp off the page a little bit.  One of the stamps in the set looks the "frosting" for the donut and I used that and stamped it using Blushing Bride ink by Stampin' UP!.  The final touch for the donuts was taking the sprinkles stamp and finish off the donuts.  I stamped those in Watermelon Wonder also by Stampin' UP! The sentiments are also stamped in the Watermelon Wonder.  The outside is "If Life's a Donut, You're the Sprinkles on Top!" and on the inside I simply stamped Happy Valentine's Day.  My glitter hearts are from Fun Stampers journey and I will be honest I used those because my Nuvo glitter drops took a bad turn.  LOL!  The image piece is 4 x 5ish.  The patterned paper is from My Heart by Pink and Main.  The sentiment is stamped on a white piece of card stock and fishtailed on the left side.  Then I framed it with a pink piece from my stash.  I used the Pink Champagne Nuvo glitter drops (those didn't go rogue on me).  This card makes a standard A2 card.  I am so in love with this set. Last night when I was making this card, I also colored some to look like chocolate frosted donuts, I have a friend that I always send pictures to so I can get her opinion.  Last night she told me she has to go find chocolate cause she wanted a donut.  I told her that was the best compliment.  So that is my card  for today but before I left you go I wanted to you know about something fun that The Project Bin is participating in.  Word Art Wednesday has bi-weekly challenges that go up on a Wednesday and go for two weeks. This two weeks, The Project Bin is the sponsor and will be providing the prizes.  Here is a link to their blog   I will be participating in this challenge (obviously not for the prize) and I will do a separate blog post for that project.  Hope to see some of your designs.  Thank you for stopping by!

Come and create something with me

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment