Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Love you to Pieces


Hey Stampers! Happy Wednesday!  I know I am really late with this week's post for the Project Bin but I had a small family crisis I had to take care of so I didn't get my project done until a little bit ago.  Everyone is okay, well my sister is really sick and needed me so I took care of her but got some time tonight to finish up so I thought I would post even though its super late.  So I am a YouTube troll and I love watching videos of other people's projects.  I have been watching a channel called The Marker Geek and she designs for Stamping Bella.   The other day she made a "pizza" box and it got me thinking  about Spencer's set and how it is the perfect set to make  a box like this and some little cards that could be used as lunch box notes or other little notes for the people in our lives.  So I made a box and a couple of cards to go in it.  The top photo is the box before I added the colored card stock, image, and sentiment.  I created the pattern on the box the same way I did the background from last week's card.  I used the direct to paper ink technique.  I used
Fired Brick Distress Ink, Pacific Point and Dandelion Memento Dew Drop.  The colored card stock is a blue and a red from stash and the yellow is Sunshine from Simon Says Stamp.  I colored the puzzle heart from the set using a red, blue, and yellow marker no fancy technique on this just simple coloring.  I fussy cut it out and popped it up with foam dots.  I stamped "Love You to Pieces" on the front with Oreo ink from Taylored Expressions.  I added three large Silver Glossy Dots. 

At this point, you could stamp a sentiment on the inside and make the box your card but I decided to make a couple 3x3 cards for the inside.  I made two but you could probably get six to fit inside without envelopes.  The first card mirrors the top
 of the box without the card stock layers. The heart is adhered at angle in the top left and I added more Glossy Dots.
The final little card I adhered a 2.5 x 2.5 piece of blue card stock to the white base.  I stamped the puzzle heart and the sentiment "why fit in when you were born to stand out".  I added more silver Glossy Dots.  I didn't stamp anything inside the cards so a personalized note could be added.  This project would be easy to personalize for any occasion.  You could probably make the cards 3.5 x 3.5 but I like the 3x3 size.  So I hope you liked my project for today.  I have added links for the video and the step by step tutorial for the box.  I have also linked any supplies I used that are still available.  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you take a minute to visit
The Project Bin and check out Spencer's Set and all the other amazing sets they offer. 

Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment