Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Yello!

Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is having a great day and may the weather be the correct season where you are.  So I am really ready for Spring and the bright colors that come with it so today's card is a little spring like.  I used the Yello! set from The Project Bin.  This was one of my very first sets from TPB and what drew me to it was the sentiments.  So I don't have any fruit patterned paper which my husband found hard to believe (HA!) so I did what any good crafter would do and made my own.  I used the full and half lemon slice to make my pattern.  I used Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks as well as Dandelion and Cantaloupe Memento inks.  I stamped it on Simon Says Stamp white card stock.  I took a piece of Sunshine card stock also from Simon Says Stamp and made two 4-bar cards. 
 This set comes with a matching die to cut out the "Yello!"  I stamped that in Wild Honey Distress Oxide and then cut it out with the matching die.
I trimmed my "patterned"  paper to fit my cards and adhered them with score tape. I used a piece of Sunshine card stock to break up the pattern and adhered the Yello to it with foam dots. It seemed to blend into the background adhered directly to the patterned piece.  I added 3 silver glossy dots to the right corner of the strip.  I added some extra sparkle with my Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle pen, I when over the "O" and the fruit slices.  On the ones I stamped in the Distress Oxides, the sparkle pen activated the ink so it goes those some contrasting color.
I  stamped "Squeeze the Day!" in Oreo Black ink right onto my patterned piece  and added more silver glossy dots (I did mention before I am addicted to those)  The inside sentiment for both cards is the same.  I stamped "when life gives you lemons take them....free stuff is good." 
I love this sentiment.  It makes me chuckle every time I read it.  These cards would be cute to send/give to someone as a pick me up!
 I hope you enjoyed the cards today.  Thank  you for stopping by. 

Come and create something with me.

Andi

1 comment: