Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April is Autism Awareness Month

 Hey Stampers!  Happy Wednesday!  Today's card is special.  Not because I use a crazy awesome technique or fancy fold but because of its message.  April is Autism Awareness month and Monday was World Autism Day.  Denise who owns and operates The Project Bin designed an amazing set called Spencer's Set.  It has some awesome sentiments in it and a wonderful puzzle piece heart.  A portion of the proceeds for this set are donated to Autism Research Institute.  Today's card was inspired by the child of a high school classmate.  Her son has autism and creates the most amazing art.  He was the feature story on his local news channel where he talked about
his art.  One of the pieces I saw during the story was very abstract looking and was bold and vivid.  So I channeled Matthew with today's background.  I took four colors Fired Brick Distress  Ink, Mustard Seed Distress Ink, Stampin'UP! Pacific Point and Cucumber Crush inks and I used the direct to paper method and applied the colors one at a  time until I was happy was the color mix.  I love this way this turned out and think I will make more backgrounds like this.  I then stamped the sentiment "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?- Dr. Seuss" in Oreo black ink.  I took a tag die and cut the sentiment out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to the center of the card.  On the inside I stamped the heart and "Love needs no words".  I thought about using glitter and sequins but decided to just let my "art" speak for itself.  I am really happy with how this card turned out.  My mojo has returned and is in full force now so I am riding the wave.  I hope you enjoyed today's card and will check out The Project Bin where you can get Spencer's set and a ton more amazing sets.  Thank you for stopping by.

Come and create something with me.


Andi

1 comment: