Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pumpkin Sitters



Hey Stampers!  Happy Thursday!  Today I have something a little different for you.  I took the Three Little Pumpkins stamp.  When I was setting it up to print, I made the image 4 1/2 x 5 1/2.  I then I went to page setup choose the layout tab and I changed the Vertical Alignment to Bottom.  What this did was move the image to bottom of the page.  I did this because when I folded the card stock I wanted the fold to be above the image.  I had a picture of what I wanted in my head and knew once I colored the image, I would trim out around the image.  So the coloring was done using my Copic Markers.  I used the following:

Pumpkins: Y23 & YR16
Eyes: Y08 & Y15
Leaves/Stems YG17 & YG25
Shelf: E33, E37, & E39
Banner; BV04, BV06, & BV08

I added some high lights with my white Signo Uni Ball gel pen.  I put clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen on the eyes and then covered them with Glossy Accents.  I also added some sparkle to the banner.  I will be honest the colors on the banner came out darker than I planned but I think it still works.

So when I was cutting out the card, I originally just wanted a different shaped card but then when I was cutting I decided to do something different.  I thought if I made it so it stood up, it could be used as a decoration for a desk, place marker on a table, or to mark food, candy, etc on a buffet or table.

I took side view and bottom view photos so you can see what it looks like.  Instead of trimming out the white between the shelf legs, I folded them down and then adhered them together.  I did this to make the card sturdier which would make it stand up better.  I am so in love with this release from Heartcraft Paper, everything is fabulous!  Here are the extra photos.  Pardon the mess, I didn't edit these like I normally do!

 So this is my project for today!  I hope you liked and will check out all the fabulous products available at Heartcraft Paper!

Also wanted to mentioned that you still have eight days to enter a project for the Anything Goes Challenge on the blog.

Thank you for stopping by!


Come and create something with me!


Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment