Sunday, November 27, 2016

Holiday Card Series--Day 12

 :                      

Hello Everyone! Today's card features the My Favorite Things set called Cool Day, this set has matching dies,  I stamped the largest polar bear from the set and fussy cut him out even though I do own the dies for this set, one thing that I struggle with on the older MFT stamp sets is their dies are solid instead of just an outline so that makes it challenging to cut out the images and tonight I wasn't looking for that extra challenge (lol).  I did you dies to cut out the iceberg my bear friend is standing on as well as the sign.  I cut the iceberg out of a piece of silver shimmer card stock from stash.  I used C3 and R29 to color my sign and stamped the BRRR sentiment from the set with Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I added Spectrum Noir Sparkle in clear and used some glossy accents on the parts that had "snow" on them.  I used C1 and 0 to color the bear.  I put color under where I thought would be shadowed and then used the colorless bender to blend it out to give him a white look.  I used R20 for inside of his ears.  The hat and sweater were colored with BG10, BG15, and BG32.  I also added Spectrum Noir sparkle to his sweater.  The bear and the sign are attached with some foam squares to give depth to the card.  I took my Paris Dusk and Danube blue inks and created the background hoping to give my card a cold feel. I applied the color with a sponge and blended until I was happy wit it.   I added snowflakes and glitter splatter to the background and called him finished.  I hope you like today's card and the variety of stamp sets and materials I am using.  This is the first time I am doing a card series and hope you are enjoying it.  Thank you for stopping by.


Come and create something with me,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment