Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Holiday Card Series Day 14

 :  : Hello everyone!  Welcome to Day 14 in the Holiday Card Series.  Today's card is an act of madness.  I bought this die from Simon Says Stamp and I bought it because I wanted to make wreath cards and it was cool and all the other excuses we as crafters use when we want something.  Anyway, I made two different versions of this card and I am going to walk you through what I did with the card on the left.  The card base is again Schoolhouse Red cut at 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2.  I ran the die cut through my Big Shot twice-once using white card stock and once using this red and silver glitter paper from my stash.  I took my white frame and glued it to the card base using a Tombow Multi Purpose glue.   Just a side note I don't always call things by their proper name so that is why I try to link everything.  Once I had the frame down, I started the process of meticulously glue the circles from the glitter paper into the right spot in the frame.  Once I was finished with that I stamped "Season's Greetings"  in the middle of the wreath with VersaMark ink and embossed with my Liquid Platinum embossing powder. The other card is done the same way except I used all red glitter paper for the circles and then I used the frame from the silver and red glitter paper.  I glued the frame to a white piece of card stock and then trimmed around the wreath.  I stamped the greeting in Real Red ink from Stampin' UP!  I adhered my completed wreath to a piece of the silver shimmer paper I have been using and then adhered that to another card base of Schoolhouse Red.   These both turned out fantastic but would not be quick and easy to reproduce for cards.  Thank you for stopping by.

Come and Create something with me,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment