Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Take on the May Paper Pumpkin


 Happy Saturday!  Today I did some projects using the May Paper Pumpkin.  The first picture is one where I made the bag that you were suppose to.  I didn't stamp the balloon strings but other than that I did exactly what the direction specified.  This is the only one where I "followed directions"  I used sketches for layout ideas but for the most part just created as I went.  In the second picture I used the balloon stamp that comes in the kit and the Island Indigo ink.  I drew the strings on with my Zig Writer.  I stamped one balloon full strength and then without re-inking the stamp, stamped again.  I used one of the banners that comes with the kit.  I used the ink and brushed it on the edges of the banner and then stamped the "celebrate" that comes with the stamps.  I trimmed around the negative space of the balloon to create a frame.  I adhered one of the panel pieces and turned the card so that the fold was on the side.  I adhered the banner across the stamps balloons on the circle that comes in the kit.  I adhered the frame down and added the circle to the balloon frame.  I didn't stamp anything on the inside so I could add a sentiment to the inside and makes this a congrats, birthday, or a good job card.  The next card I made so the fold was on the side as well.  I took one of bags that comes in the kit and cut the rounded flap off.  I wanted to mention that the bags in this kit are made with heavy duty card stock.  I still have several bags left that I could make into gift bags....anyway.  I adhered the the flap so that the flat side was against the fold of the card.  I trimmed off the extra that is there because the flap is larger than the card base.  I then took a couple pieces of the yellow tissue paper and trimmed it down so that I could use it to create a color
contrast as well as cover the "holes" in the flap piece.  I took my celebrate stamp and curved it so I could stamp it as close to the edge of the circle as possible.  I stamped it in Tangelo Twist.  I then edged the circle with the Island Indigo ink and then I stamped the balloon in the same ink in the center of the balloon, then proceeded to stamp off two more balloons.  I drew strings again with Zig Writer.  I had some issues with stamping the balloon so there is a mark in the balloon that shouldn't be there.  I added some clear Wink of Stella to the balloons and that helped some.  And finally my favorite one.  I used the base with the fold on the top.  I used the panel piece and adhered it down across the card.
Then I took another piece of the tissue paper and adhered it down to the card base.  I took one of the balloon pieces and attached it to the card with the included dimensionals.  The I took the celebrate stamp and the tissue paper and stamp in Tangelo Twist and created banners ends.  I used a dimensional and attached one of the banner ends to the center of the balloon.  Now because the balloon it self was on dimensionals I used two dimensionals stacked together and adhered the other end to the card base.  Everything I used to make these cards came from this month's kit except the Tangelo Twist and the Zig Writer.  However the Tangelo Twist is a stampin' spot from the November paper pumpkin kit.  I made the six card bases and have several sheets of tissue paper left and the bags so I can make more bags and of course I have the stamp set and the stampin spot so I can still use the images.  I will admit when I first started getting the kits I wasn't super impressed but now I look forward to that orange box in my mailbox because I realized that I don't have to make exactly what I am suppose to and I have found some amazing inspirations on Youtube.  One of my favorites is  Rachel Tessman, she usually does two videos of alternate projects including scrapbook layouts.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.  Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment