Wednesday, May 27, 2015

You Make Me Smile



 Happy Wednesday!  Today's card features the products from the June Simon Says Stamp card kit.  We have been experiencing a LARGE amount of rain lately.  So I haven't seen the sun much lately so I was wanting something bright.  I used the Sunshine Yellow card stock.  I cut it at 4 1/4 and then scored it at 5.5.  I cut the "smile" from white card stock twice and used my Ranger Multi-Matte medium to adhere them together.  I used this specifically because it will dry clear.  Once I had them together, I took my Daffodil Delight Light blend-ability and colored my die cut.  Then I topped it with clear Wink of Stella.  Now I didn't allow enough time to  dry between layers so there isn't as much glitteryness (made up word..lol) as there normally is.  I stamped the sun in Daffodil Delight and then stamped the sunglasses in black.  I think that is so stinking cute.  I covered both of those in Wink of Stella.  I wasn't really sure what I was going to get when I started but I took three of the patterned papers and cut 1/2 strips and then cut them in half and made banner ends.  One of the reasons I love Doodlebug Designs paper is because it is easy to match it other paper products.  They are normally very complimentary papers.  I used a solid teal color, a yellow with
 small dots, and a floral piece.  I layered them all together with the floral piece on the bottome and popped the sun up with 1/4" pop dots.  I stamped the "You make me" from the set in black and trimmed it down and made banner ends on both sides.  I attached my Smile circle under the banners again with the multi matte medium.  I used a small rhinestone that I also colored with my Daffodil Delight pen.  I popped my "you make me" banner at the top of the circle.  I looked at my card and thought I need something else.  I have a lot of Doodlebug products so I found my spring Doodletwines.  I picked the teal/white to compliment the one banner.  I wrapped it around my card three

times...why three..no idea.  I had originally tried to put it at the top of the card but the rounded corners made it look weird so I cut the twine off and re-positioned it to the center of the card.  As a final touch I added a small bow with the same twine, I also used two of the flower stickers.  This card just makes me smile...pun intended.  Thanks for stopping by and come and create something with me.  Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment