Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sweetbriar Rose

 Please don't look at the mess around my card.  I really need to take twenty minutes to clean my table but I digress.  Today's image is another one that I colored using the Zig Clean Brush Markers and my clear Wink of Stella pen.  The image is the Sweetbriar Rose from Stampin UP!.  I wasn't sure about the color of the flowers when I first colored them but a couple days removed I like the contrast.  I fussy cut my image and took my Copic brush marker to color the edges in black.  There are a couple of spots that were extremely  hard to reach with the scissors but for the most part I got the image cut out to my satisfaction.
I used 1/4 inch pop dots to mount the image. On some of the skinner parts of the image I had to cut the pop dot in half.  I used Daffodil Delight as the base color for the flower.  I like the way this color compliments the image.  The Daffodil Delight is framed with Coastal Cabana.  My card base is whisper white.  It started as a normal A2 card but I needed to trim it down a little bit so that the image didn't appeared dwarfed by the white.  My sentiment is "you warm my heart" from Sheltering Tree.  I stamped it on whisper white with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I created a little tail and then I created smaller color layers that repeats the colors from the image frame.  I also put some small rhinestones on my flag with the sentiment. That is today's card.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment