Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sometimes You Just Have to Go with It.

Before I get to today's card, I wanted to share a funny story with you.  I was preparing my card for today's post and I wanted to use this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I cut the card base and was just finishing up the shaker part of the card when I realized that I had adhered my shaker window on the card but my card base was upside down.  Oy!  What a day but I liked the card so I am posting it anyway.  I used the Simon Says Stamp June card kit again.  I cut the base from the Schoolhouse Red.  I used a sheet of the patterned paper with the Popsicles.  The base is cut at 3.5 x 11 and scored at 5.5.  My Popsicle piece is 3 1/4 x 5 1/4.  I used a left over piece of the teal pattern paper which I the width of the pattern piece.  I created the the double end banner piece out of another leftover piece of the Sunshine Yellow.  I cut two of the "smile" pieces and adhered them together and covered them with Daffodil Delight ink.  My shaker frame is from Stampin' UP!  My sequins are all Doodlebug and I picked colors close to my papers.  Then because I did like that the frame showed, I took some lime green doodle twine and wrapped it around the circle.  All in all it is still cute, just a little wrong.  My sister wants to give it to her friend so we will see.  I got my May Paper Pumpkin so I will be sharing projects using that as well.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.  Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment