Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sheltered

I made this card for a friend that recently moved away.  I love this stamp set.  I stamped the base of the tree in Baked Brown Sugar,  I stamped the leaves in Mossy Meadow.  I stamped once full strength, then I turned the stamp slightly and stamped again and then I turned the stamp again and stamped a third time.  I did not re-ink in between stampings.  One thing to note, Stampin UP! changed their stamp pads so now they stay super wet.  I would suggest on the new style pads, tapping your stamp on pad rather than pushing the pad onto the stamp, things I learn the hard way.  I stamped the little grass stamp using Grass Green by Gina K Designs. I had to add a "tab" to the side of the card because I wasn't paying attention and my sentiment was too long for the piece of whisper white that I stamped the main image on (time for bed I think).  I matted the main image with daffodil delight.  My card base is Coastal Cabana.  I used the white/silver twine from my November Paper Pumpkin which I wrapped around three times.  The buttons are from the Best Ever accessory kit that was available during Sale-a-bration this year.  On the smaller buttons I put a medium rhinestone in the center.  I stamped my sentiments in Baked Brown Sugar, the inside sentiment is from the same set, it is the "you warm my heart". In addition, to this card I made a set of 8 cards to send to my friend.  I will be posting these once I mailed the cards to her.  Thank you for stopping by.

Come and create something with me.

Andi.

No comments:

Post a Comment