Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Using Up my Salebration Goodies

Recently, I had a friend that moved to Las Vegas or actually moved back to Vegas and I wanted to send her some cards that she can send to friends and family.  I cased a card that my upline Dawn Griffith did.   I followed most of her same steps.  If you watch her video, you will see that she did a black mat for the white inside of the card.  I didn't do that.  I also made my cards top fold rather than side fold cards.  On the card in the bottom photo, I took my Sakura Stardust pen and colored some of the leaves.  One of the things Dawn says in the video is how great this designer paper looks under the vellum.  In these photos my card bases are Bermuda Bay and the image is mounted on a sheet of Coastal Cabana. I used
the designer series paper Best Ever from this year's Salebration as well as the ribbon is from the Best Ever accessory pack.  I embossed the white layer with the Spring Flowers embossing folder.  The sentiments on these cards are from the Painted Petals stamp set.  I stamped those in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The cards came together quickly.  I did all my cutting first so I had piles of card stock everywhere. I did all my embossing and then started assembling the cards.  This special vellum is nice because you don't have to worry seeing the adhesive like you sometimes do on regular vellum.  The other cards in the group were made from Daffodil Delight, Calyspo Coral, and Coastal Cabana.  I put the present in the mail today so she will be getting them soon.  Come back tomorrow as I debut my newest purchase, the Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.  I have watched a couple videos on using these pens so I am excited to use them.  Thanks for stopping by.

Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment