Sunday, May 31, 2015

You are My Sunshine

                                                                                 Happy Sunday!  Today's card features the Simon Says stamp June card kit and a quick and easy card technique. I used the Island Blue for my card base. The technique is called Fancy Fold Corner card.  I have a linked to the video that Dawn Griffith does for this card.  It really is a lot easier than I thought it would be I was a little nervous at first but it was easy peasy.  My card base is a standard A2 card.  Once the base is cut and scored, line the left side up with the 3" mark across the top of your trimmer.  Your trimmer guide should also have markers along the cutting guide.  I have the Fiskars trimmer with the wire guide.  On your cutting guide line it up at 2 1/2 and cut down to 4 7/8".  I know what you are thinking but it is super easy.  Once you have this cut, turn your card and line the side up with the 3" mark across the top of the trimmer and 3" on the cutting guide ruler.  Your previous cut should be lined up with the 3" mark on the guide.  Cut from 3" up to 5/8".  Once you have you cutting done, you can put the trimmer to the side.  Looking at your card, you want to to push on the cut corner and this is how you "flip" it.  You will want to adhere the corner down so the card doesn't continue to "flip" but be careful that you don't put adhesive in the opening on the inside of the card.  Once you have the corner glued down your 'square' on the front measures 3".  I cut my panels to 2 3/4  x 2 3/4 and the next panel is 2 1/2 x 2 1/2.  I used a piece of the Sunshine Yellow which is hard to see in the photo and the next panel is a piece of the Sunshine Doodlebug that comes in the kit.  For my image, I used another piece from the patterned paper.  It is the one that says "You are My Sunshine".  Once you cut it out it is 2 x 2  piece.  I took one the Sun epoxy sticker and put that in the corner of my image.  I used a piece of the rainbow washi tape along the score fold.  I stamped "you make me happy" in Memento Tuxedo black under the image and on the inside I stamped "wishing you lots of smiles".  The top picture shows what it looks like once you get it together.  The bottom photos is the card closed.  So that is the card for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.  Andi





No comments:

Post a Comment