Sunday, May 24, 2015

Simply Amazing


Today's card is pretty simple.  I used the Painted Petals set from Stampin' UP!  I stamped the flowers with Strawberry Slush.  To get the lighter color I did some stamping off.  I stamped the leaves in Wild Wasabi.  I rounded the corners with my We R Memory Keepers corner rounder and I stamped one of the sentiments from this set, "You are amazingly Amazing" in Memento Tuxedo Black.  I put a rhinestone at the end of amazingly as well in the center of some of the flowers.  I cut a pink pirouette card base, I cut it at 4 1/4 and scored it at 5 1/2 and round the corners.  I used my Scotch Foam tape to mount the white piece on the base.  I thought it needed just a little more so I had some pink washi tape in my stash so I did two lines of washi tape and I thought that gave it a little more interest.  I struggled a little bit using this set.  I have heard people say on different blogs and videos that you should use a stamping mat with the photo polymer sets.  I will say on this set that it didn't stamp to my liking until I found my mat and then it stamped better for me.  That is my card for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create something with me.

Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment