Thursday, May 21, 2015

Wink Watercoloring

 One of the blogs and youtube channels that I stalk is Jennifer McGuire.  The other day she posted videos show casing these new watercolor markers.  What makes these marker unique is that fact that they have a real brush tip so it is sturdier than normal markers.  I purchased my set from Voice of Japan via Amazon.  I got the set of 24 but you can also purchase them individually.  I wanted to experiment with these markers so I did a quick color.  The image I used is from Stampin' UP!, Sweetbriar Rose.  I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to my coloring.  I tried to get photos to show the great sparkle you get from using the Wink of Stella pen but it is
hard to capture that but if you watch Jennifer's video, she does an image using the Wink of Stella pen and you can see the fabulous sparkle.  I am going to play a little bit more before I post another card using these markers just so I can get a little better at it.  The colors I used on my flowers and leaves were Pale and Light Green, Light Violet and Violet, Bright Yellow, and Brown.  These blend so beautifully with the Wink of Stella so I am anxious to use just regular water and a brush with them. I will definitely be using these again to create images but for my first attempt I really like how everything turned out.  See the photos below for my colored image.  Thanks for stopping by.  Come and create with me.

Andi.









No comments:

Post a Comment